5 Powerful Herbs That Raise Consciousness and Awaken Spiritual Gifts
Human consciousness allows you to look into the truth about existence, question reality, and evolve into the best version of yourself. Luckily, human consciousness has been growing in the world as a whole. There are many factors that contribute to this, and there is a lot you can do to raise your own consciousness. Among meditation, eye-opening documentaries, deeper knowledge and other tools, an often overlooked way to raise consciousness is by consuming or drinking tea made from consciousness raising herbs. Many of these are used in Chinese Medicine or Ayurvedic medicine because they have deep healing effects on —the body, the mind, and the soul.
When using these herbs as a tea, use a teaspoon of dried herb per cup, and brew for at least 5 minutes in hot water in a closed vessel—this guarantees that strongest flavor and benefits.
1. Reishi: Spirit-Enhancing Mushroom
Reishi is a medicinal mushroom used for boosting the immune system, but it is also an incredible source of consciousness-raising properties.
Daoists praise it for enhancing all three energies in the human body—Jing, Shen and Qi. Jing is the life force, Shen the spiritual energy, and Qi the daily energy that keeps us going. Reishi working with all three of these energies ensures that the life force is flowing into you on a daily basis and for a long term. It can even help extend your life.
Reishi also helps expand consciousness by relaxing your nervous system which opens the heart and intuition, by restoring the body after stress which opens up healing abilities and removing inflammation thus allowing you as a whole to achieve your best self.
2. Gotu Kola: Longevity And Enlightenment
Gotu Kola was used by a Chinese herbalist Li Ching-Yuen who lived till past his 200 years old. Besides adding many years to a person’s life, this powerful herb helps bring enlightenment as well. It uplifts the spirits and increases the power of intuition, as well as synchronizes the left and right brain hemispheres. This makes it easier to meditate and access spiritual knowledge and gifts. Gotu Kola also helps open up the pineal gland which greatly aids in spiritual awakening.
3. He Shou Wu: Enhance Spiritual Awareness
It is interesting how many spiritual herbs are also longevity herbs. Just like Reishi, He Shou Wu can extend your life while also expand your awareness. It brings in Jing and Shen energies.
By taking it daily, you will find that you feel more receptive to life and love, as well as being more open, creative, understanding, calm, and emotionally in tune.
4. Holy Basil: Spiritual Health
In Yogic Philosophy Holy Basil is recommended for balancing all of the Chakras, and harmonizes the body’s energy field. It works on the physical level as well, by calming down the body it promotes calmness of the mind as well. A quiet minds leads to higher levels of awareness.
5. Blue Lotus: Lucid Dreaming
Blue Lotus is actually a blue water lily flower that was sacred in ancient Egypt for inducing a dreamy trance when used or even inhaled. This herb does have gentle euphoric effects that calms the nervous system and allows the person to experience life in a spiritual, ethereal state. It can be beneficial for meditation, ceremonial use, and lucid dreaming.
More Herbs and Their Spiritual Meanings:
- Astragalus: Helps overcome obstacles.
- Calendula: Activates internal healing abilities, heals aura, and protects your energy field.
- Chamomile: Manifests abundance.
- Elder Flowers: Opens the Chakras and increases intuition.
- Fennel Seeds: Reminds you to take a self-care day.
- Ginger: Releases anger and other negative emotions.
- Hawthorn: Heals the heart both spiritually and physically.
- Hibiscus: Heals past trauma, reminds you that it is okay to be sensitive.
- Korean Ginseng: Helps cope with stress.
- Lavender: Quiets the ego.
- Lemongrass: Brings clarity to your purpose and stops procrastination.
- Nettle Tea: Protects your energy, both spiritual and physical.
- Peppermint: Inspires you to follow your dreams.
- Red Sage: Quiets anger.
- Rose: Opens the Heart Chakra.
- Rosemary: Clears negative thoughts and opens the Third Eye.
- Saffron: Unlocks deeper spiritual knowledge.
- Thyme: Opens the Throat Chakra.