Shamanic Florida Water: How to use it to Create Sacred Spaces
‘Florida water’ may not be as old as shamanism, but its eight key ingredients are. Used ceremonially by Shamans, Wiccans, and other spiritual people of different philosophies, this shamanic spirit water helps clear spaces and create a sacred energy field.
Its history is unexpected. While it sounds like an item from ancient times, Florida Water or Aqua De Florida—at least the way it is made today—is only about 200 years old. It was first a product created by Lanman & Kemp Barclays as cologne in 1808. Its name came from a Spanish territory at the time, which stands for ‘the flowery.’ Back then, the makers were silent about the water’s true benefits and focused just on its smell for marketing purposes.
Despite being quite modern, Florida Water won the hearts of many healers in Peru and across the world because of its properties. It is used so commonly that one could assume it has been around for centuries, and it is easy to see why it gained its popularity. Not only does it have an incredible sweet scent, it also carries a long list of spiritual and health benefits that even the creators themselves have now incorporated.
Florida Water Benefits
According to many shamans, here is everything that Florida Water can do:
- Cleanse human energy field
- Clear spaces energetically
- Create sacred spaces
- Heal when used in a bath
- Create a healthy skin glow
- Act as a first aid for headaches, colds, muscle tension, and insect bites
- Disinfect the air from bacteria when sprayed
- Cleanse crystals
- Strengthen intention
- Open the third eye during ceremonies (only done with a shaman present)
- Grounds the environment and makes it a safe space
- Remove negative energies without the need for smoke (great for people who are sensitive).
Florida Water Ingredients
Florida water is created using water or flower water, alcohol and essential oils and placed in a spray bottle. Each of the oils creates a spiritual effect, and together they make the synergy. The recipe can differ, but the most common oils are:
- Bergamot oil is provides protection for you or the space that you are clearing.
- Neroli oil (from bitter orange tree) helps to connect with angels and spirit guides. Its vibration is incredibly high.
- Lemon oil promotes spiritual health in general, and helps create sacred spaces.
- Clove oil increases intuition and pushes you forward in your spiritual journey.
- Cinnamon oil increases psychic abilities and intuition.
- Lavender oil balances the seven chakras.
- Rose oil raises the frequency (one of the highest vibrational oils).
- Orange Flower oil restores the spirit.
To use Florida Water all you have to do is spray it in the air in the same way you would use Sage. When clearing or creating a sacred space, go around the room and get all of the corners. Just the smell itself will show you why it became so popular among the shamans, and the spiritual benefits will make you love it even more.